Lush, tropical rainforests, crystal clear waters, and a variety of adventures to enjoy, Belize has everything that you need for an amazing vacation experience. It is located only 627 km away from Cancun and 348 miles from Playa del Carmen. Belize has 386 km of coastline and approximately 450 picturesque islands and exquisite islets. Bordered by the Caribbean Sea on one side and Central American jungles on the other, Belize boasts distinctive ecosystems, jungles, wildlife reserves, different species of flora and fauna. Featuring a seamless mix of different cultures – Belizean, Creole, Mestizo, Garifuna, Mayan and even Expats – this Mexican destination is perfect for you, whether you are an adventure traveler, looking for an unforgettable family trip, or a relaxing beach vacationer with your significant other. From exploring ancient Mayan temples to discovering underwater wonders, there are plenty of activities to enjoy and tourist attractions to visit in Belize on your next yacht charter vacation.
Plenty of Things to Do and See
- Diving and Snorkeling: One of the greatest attractions in Belize among snorkelers and divers alike is the Belize Barrier Reef, which is made up of 185 miles of beautiful corals, cays and islands. It boasts more than 100 types of corals and some 500 species of tropical fish. While exploring the reef sites, you can see hard corals, gorgonians, sea fans, shellfish, grouper, manta ray, stingray, spotted eagle ray, Caribbean reef shark, whale shark and hammerhead shark. During your Belizean vacation, you will get the opportunity to explore the world famous Blue Hole. This incomparable natural wonder, which is over 1,000 feet in length and 400 feet deep, features stalactites, drip stone sheets, columns, and incredible marine life. Dive or snorkel with giant whale sharks in the turquoise clear waters of Gladden Spit and Silk Caye Marine Reserve near the Placencia Peninsula. Some of the popular dive and snorkel sites in Belize include Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley, Half Moon Caye Natural Monument, South Water Caye Marine Reserve, Lil' Alphonse, Tres Cocos, West Point, Glover's Reef Marine Reserve, Lighthouse Reef Atoll, Shark Ray Alley, and Turneffe Island Atoll to name a few. You can also experience amazing night dive sites such as Bird Caye Drop Off, Hol Chan site, and Belize Barrier Reef. You are likely to see permit crabs, lobsters, octopus, moray eels, arrowhead crabs, nurse sharks, channel crabs, southern sting rays, spotted drums, sea slugs, blue tangs, barracuda and many more reef fish species during your night dive.
- Best Beaches: Come to Belize and find your perfect piece of Caribbean paradise. The best stretch of beach is from Dangriga to the Placencia Peninsula, where you will find sandy white and powder beaches with many cayes and tiny islands. The most popular beach area is Placencia Peninsula that boasts warm pink powdery sand and amazing lush green surroundings. The Hopkins beach area has a laid-back atmosphere and is decorated with coconut and sea grape trees. Southwater and Tobacco Cayes and their beach areas are favorite choices for snorkeling, fishing trips, diving, and sunbathing. Ambergris and Caye Caulker Cayes are best for relaxing with your family and friends. Play beach volleyball and or enjoy swimming and snorkeling here as well. No list of "best beaches of Belize" would be complete without mentioning the names of Punta Ycacos, Ranguana Caye, and Long Caye Beach.
- Tourist Attractions: Belize is known for having some of the most amazing Mayan sites. Lamanai is the longest-occupied Mayan site in the world and a great place to explore ancient ruins. Get up close and personal with the animals native to Belize at the Belize Zoo. While Cancun is better known for its Mayan history, Belize is known for its ancient relics. Discover the Lost World Cave to find out more about ancient pottery, relics, alters, wall carvings, glyph writings and more. If you’re an adrenaline junkie, Black Hole Drop is the place for you. Here, you will find some amazing views from the rain forest canopy. Another great cave with Mayan artifacts is the Actun Tunichil Muknal. Explore the beautiful crystal and limestone formations inside various caves and waterfalls found in Belize. Experience a jungle safari after dark, where you can see monkeys, boar, and many more critters. Visit Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, Mayflower Bocawina National Park, Belize Botanic Gardens, Bacab Eco-Park, Altun Ha Ruins, Museum of Belize, and the Ancient Maya Ceremonial Center of Xunantunich. Crystal clear waters, balmy Caribbean breezes, and abundant marine wildlife make kayaking in Belize a joyous experience. Go and explore Tobacco Caye, a tiny island off the coast of Belize. You can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, diving and paddleboarding here. Stroll on the streets of coastal village of Sarteneja and do some fishing to catch bonefish, permits and tarpons while vacationing in this town.
- Fishing: Belize is a perfect destination for those interested in fishing. It has various lagoons and grass flats where you can catch bonefish, permit and barracuda. It is a popular sport fishing destination. The coral reefs boast groupers, snappers, jacks and barracuda while the deeper waters are home to sailfish, marlin, bonito and pompano. The waters surrounding Ambergris Caye and Placencia Peninsula in Belize abound with a great variety of marine fish species. A variety of fish inhabit these waters, including bonefish, tarpon, snapper, jack, barracuda, marlin, sailfish, tuna, or wahoo. Turneffe Flats is recognized as one of Belize's premier saltwater fishing destination, where you can troll bonefish and other coral reef fish species.
- Shopping and Dining: You will have unlimited options here in Belize when it comes to shopping gifts and souvenirs for your friends and relatives back at home. San Pedro Town is famous for its incredible variety of artworks, classic jewelry, and a wealth of interesting Central American goods such as clothing, wood or bamboo products, ceramics, paintings, coins and more. Some of the popular shops that you should visit during your shopping experience include - Belizean Art Gallery, 12 Belize, Image Factory, Friki Tiki Toucan, Sew Much Hemp, Caribe Creations, Little Old Craft Shop, Orange Gallery, Caribbean Colors, Cooper's Art Gallery, and Marie Sharp's Factory Store to name a few. Belize has a wide selection of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and clubs of interest to visitors. Ranging from Belizean favorites to international delicacies, you will find a wide range of dining options in Belize. Best dining spots include Harbour View, Elvi's Kitchen, Palmilla, Casa Picasso, Rojo Lounge, Rasta Pasta Rainforest Café, Habaneros, The French Connection, La Luna, Marian's Bayview, and Café Sol.
- Other Activities: The continental coasts of Belize, edged with lush green tropical forests and mangroves, are not just known for diving and snorkeling. You can even enjoy horseback riding, caving, kayaking, zip lining, surfing, hiking, and sailing. Whether you are seeking a beach vacation or jungle adventure, Belizean destinations has something to offer to vacationers of all age groups. Take nature tours, culture tours, and adventure tours under the guidance of an expert to experience a myriad of activities. You can even take day trips to the Mayan Riviera destinations such as Xcalak, Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Mahahual, and Punta Allen.
From the heart of Central American country to a soul of Caribbean culture, Belize is packed with adventure and unusual experiences. Discover the beauty of this gorgeous Caribbean destination and enjoy adventurous activities on a luxury yacht charter with us. Our experienced captain and fully attentive crew on board your own private chartered vessel will help you explore the magnificent sites of Belize and enjoy snorkeling, diving, fishing, sailing and other interesting activities. At Yachts Cancun Luxury Charters, we provide a range of luxurious yachts to our customers interested in chartering a vessel for exploring Cancun, Riviera Maya or Belizean destinations. Find out more about the type of luxury yachts that you can charter for your Belizean vacation by clicking on the Our Fleet link provided here. Contact our charter consultant by clicking here and they will assist you in selecting the best yacht for your next charter vacation in Belize.