Isla Blanca is a peninsula located about 20 km from downtown Cancun. This beautiful area has Chacmuchuc Lagoon on one side and the Caribbean Sea on the other. It features 20km of long white sandy beach with crystal clear blue waters on the sea side. The lagoon side of Isla Blanca is a long flat sandy stretch, mixed with mangroves. From hidden secrets to extreme water sports, this Caribbean destination is full of adventure.
Plenty of Things to Do and See
- Best Beaches: Isla Blanca is perfect for you if you prefer to enjoy the serenity of being out in the pristine beauty of nature. Its quiet stretches of unspoiled beaches are ideal for beach lounging, relaxation or sunbathing. Take your own private yacht charter to Cancun and explore its turquoise waters, soft white sand and a bohemian vibe. Cancun's Playa Delfines beach has some of the brightest blue water in the city and is the perfect place for parasailers, jet skiers, kayaking and paddle boarding. Go the North Beach, where you can see the sun set over the ocean. Playa Forum provides fun and a great social vibe with a plentiful showing of locals. Playa Chac Mool beach offers white sands, amazing waters and is ideal to enjoy a casual day by the ocean. If you are visiting Cancun with your family and friends, then Playa Tortugas is a popular choice, where you can enjoy local seafood, and do some people watching. You can even visit Riviera Mayan beaches to discover the natural wonders of this travel haven.
- Diving and Snorkeling: Isla Blanca and Cancun area are considered some of the best diving destinations in the world. Do not miss the chance to explore impressive coral reefs in the open sea or explore the underwater world in this destination. You can expect to see jellyfish, stingrays, urchins, rays, turtles, lionfish, sharks, white and blue marlins, sailfish, colorful reef fish, angelfish, surgeonfish, damselfish, snapper, parrotfish, grouper, sergeant major, pufferfish, some barracudas, and so much more while snorkeling the Cancun and Isla Blanca waters. Take your dive charter to the bay between Isla Mujeres and the Cancun area to explore the Mesoamerican Reef. Marine life in this shallow reef area include elk horn, brain coral and gardens of sea fans, sergeant majors, rays, sea turtles and moray eels. Dolphins can sometimes be spotted near the small reef off Playa Norte beach in Cancun. When you are in Isla Blanca or visiting Cancun for a diving excursion, you simply cannot miss the Cancun Underwater Museum. Snorkel or dive tour through the Museum which offers a unique opportunity to see more than 400 underwater statues that are full of marine life. Other diving and snorkeling destinations located near Isla Blanca include Isla Mujeres, Isla Contoy, Holbox Island, Puerto Morelos, and Cozumel.
- Fishing: The shallow flats of Isla Blanca are surrounded by mangrove channels and connecting lagoons. The island is surrounded by the flats of Chacmuchuc Lagoon to the south, Contoy Island to the east, Holbox Island to the north. Schools of permit, bonefish, tarpon and snook can be found in this area all year round. Other species such as barracuda, green jacks, ladyfish, jack crevalle, sheephead, and snappers can also be caught. If you want to experience deep sea fishing, the Cancun area is a perfect option for you. Sports fishermen can expect to troll and catch, close to shore, fish like dorado, wahoo, barracuda, red snapper, grouper, jack crevalle, spanish makarel and other minor species. Anglers who are looking to land large tarpon, they can visit Isla Holbox as it is a prime destination for a large and baby tarpon. You can also enjoy fishing tours in Isla Mujeres, Isla Contoy, Mayan Riviera destinations, Cozumel and have a great time in the beautiful blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- Kitesurfing: With good wind and perfect air temperature, shallow flats, no buildings or construction around, Isla Blanca is a great kitesurfing spot. This Island is a tranquil destination for the people who want to escape from crowded beaches and try this adventurous activity. Isla Blanca experiences 20 to 30 knot-wind speeds, which is great for kitesurfing no matter how experienced you are.
- Other Activities and Day Trips: Wildlife watching, kayaking, stand up paddle board, Contoy Island tours, Isla Holbox tours, Isla Mujeres tours, visit Cancun, El Meco ruins and Boca Iglesia. Enjoy some bird watching in the mangrove channels of Rio Manati and Laguna Manati, where you can spot herons and other sea birds. The Yucatan Peninsula has many eco-parks and nature preserves. Visit Xcaret and Xel-Ha ecological parks with your family to enjoy snorkeling, ziplining, diving, swimming with whales and other cultural activities. Visit Mayan ruins and cenotes in Tulum, Coba, Ek Balam, and Chichen Itza, enjoy swimming in cenotes situated near Puerto Morelos, enjoy Playa del Carmen's nightlife, explore reefs of Cozumel island, go whale watching in Isla Mujeres. You can also take a day trip to nearby Isla Holbox, Isla Contoy, Adventuras, and Cozumel.
- Shopping and Dining: Isla Blanca is not a shopping destination. You will find local shops selling small gifts and souvenirs that you can purchase and take home. If you are looking for some designer clothing and other expensive items, then visit Cancun shopping malls and high-end stores. La Isla is the the number one shopping mall in Cancun, where 150 shops are nestled on the banks of the water. From upscale European to tourist shops, Cancun La Isla shopping mall offers all the souvenir’s that you can carry. Other shopping destinations in Cancun include Mercado 28 flea market, Kukulcán Plaza, Plaza Bonito, Plaza La Fiesta, Coral Negro, Ki Huic Market, and La Gran Plaza. In Isla Blanca, you can always enjoy dining by the sea or somewhere nearby. The restaurants on the island specialize in Mexican cuisine and fresh seafood. It has three seafood restaurants open from mid-day to sunset. They serve freshly prepared seafood and Mexican dishes. For gourmet dining experience, check out the restaurant options in Cancun that range from simple, local eateries to elegant dining establishments. The nightlife in the island is laid-back, so you can visit bars and nightclubs in Cancun area, where you drink, eat, dance and party.
The miles of white sand beach and the peace and tranquility make Isla Blanca an ideal vacation choice for tourists from across the world. It is the perfect place to relax and escape the city on board your own private yacht charter. If you're staying in Cancun, it's worth taking some time out of your vacation to explore this hidden natural gem. Click here to see our fleet of luxury yachts or contact us to find the right yacht charter for your memorable vacation in Cancun and Isla Blanca.