Cancun Travel Tips for First Time Visitors
Â Cancun is located at the southern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. The city offers visitors an array of attractions that include white sand beaches, great restaurants, and fun activities.
The Best Way to Reach Cancun
If you plan to visit Cancun, there are several ways to reach the city. You can fly into Cancun International Airport (CUN) or take a bus or taxi to the airport. Once you arrive at the airport, you will need to go through customs before going to baggage claim. From there, you can either rent a car or take a cab to your hotel.
Where to Stay in Cancun
There are plenty of hotels in Cancun, ranging from budget to luxury. Most people choose to stay near the beach because it’s where the majority of tourists spend their time. However, there are also some nice neighborhoods with good shopping and dining options.
Things to Do in Cancun
If you’re looking for something fun to do while visiting Cancun, check out these suggestions:
1. Visit the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza
2. Take a Scuba Dive
3. Go Whale Watching
4. Explore the Underground River System
5. See the Cenotes (Underwater Lakes)
6. Enjoy a Beach Day
7. Play Golf
8. Shop at the Mercado Municipal
9. Eat Seafood
10. Have a Drink at a Bar
Top Attractions in Cancun
Cancun is home to some of the world’s most famous attractions. Here are just a few of them:
1. Chichen Itza – This ancient Maya city was once an important religious site. Today, visitors can see its ruins and enjoy the surrounding jungle area.
2. Isla Mujeres – Located off the coast of Cancun, this island offers beautiful beaches and plenty of opportunities for water sports.
3. Tulum Ruins – These ruins are located near the town of Tulum. They were originally constructed by the Olmec people.
Must See Places in Cancun
There are many places to visit in Cancun. Here are some of our favorites:
1. Chichén Itzá – This ancient Mayan city is located in the Yucatán Peninsula. It is considered to be one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
2. Islas Marietas – These islands are located off the coast of Cuzamá. They are known for their white sand beaches and crystal clear waters.
3. Playa del Carmen – This beach is located in the Riviera Maya region. It is a favorite among tourists because of its beautiful white sands and turquoise blue waters.
The best thing about visiting Cancún is that there are plenty of things to see and do. You can go snorkeling at Isla Mujeres, take a tour of the ruins at Chichén Itzà, or enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. If you want to get away from the crowds, then head to the island of Cozumel.